Indian Scholarships for College Students
Financial grant is provided to thousands of students in order to pursue their studies further. This section of the blog contains plentiful scholarships and grants which furnishes useful information and details so that you can fund your education rationally and develop an exceptional career path. These financial aid opportunities are offered to meritorious students who demonstrates progressive academic records. Listed below scholarships are offered by renowned educational institutions of India such as IIT Delhi, Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research, Narotam Sekhsaria Foundation, Department of Science and Technology (DST), under the Ministry of Science and Technology, Government of India, Dorabji Tata Trust, OP Jindal Group and lots more. You can opt for these grants for the various level of studies including Undergraduate, Graduate, Postgraduate, Postdoctoral Research, Internship, Research Fellowships, etc. in the areas of Medicine, Engineering, Pharmacy, Architecture, Law, Management, Social Sciences and Humanities. Please have a look on the below mentioned list of valuable scholarships and grants and explore them as per your needs.
1. Scholarship Program: Suvarna Jubilee Merit Scholarship for Undergraduate or Postgraduate Students: DCE Scholarships, Kerala
Employer: The Government of Kerala
Level of Study: Undergraduate, Postgraduate
Brief Scholarship Description: The Government of Kerala has introduced various scholarships awarded to meritorious students of outstanding performance in the education sector as well as to the students of socially and economically backward categories. The Higher Education Department of Government of Kerala is entrusted with the responsibility of selection and disbursement of various scholarships to Higher Secondary, under Graduate and Post Graduate Streams. This project envisages the development and implementation of a web-enabled scholarship management system to facilitate the Directorate of Collegiate education for an efficient, foolproof system for the selection of the students and also do the disbursements. The System also facilitates the students, various educational institutions and the Scholarship Department to update and monitor the selection and disbursement process.
Scholarship Website: http://dcescholarship.kerala.gov.in/dce/main/index.php#dialog
2. Scholarship Program: Asha-Shree Endowment Scholarship for Economically Underprivileged Students
Employer: Asha-Shree Endowment
Level of Study: Graduate, Postgraduate, Postdoctoral Research
Brief Scholarship Description: Asha-Shree Endowment offers Scholarship for Graduate, Postgraduate, Postdoctoral Students in the field of Medicine, Engineering, Pharmacy, Architecture, Law, Social and Community Interest. A scholarship of Rs. 30,000 per year is awarded to a beneficiary for the entire duration of a course.
Scholarship Website: http://www.asha-shree.org/
3. Scholarship Program: 2012 Summer Research Fellowships in Engineering at IIT Delhi, India
Employer: IIT Delhi
Level of Study: Research Fellowships
Brief Scholarship Description: IIT Delhi has instituted a prestigious summer research fellowship programme for providing an opportunity to exceptionally good undergraduate students of different engineering institutes in India, other than IIT Delhi (and if possible, abroad) for Top ten of the classes to execute an innovative research and development project under the guidance of an IIT Delhi faculty. The fellow will register at IIT Delhi as a visiting student; she/he will not be required to pay institute registration fees.
Scholarship Website: http://www.iitd.ac.in/research/SRFP-2012.pdf
4. Scholarship Program: Sahu Jain Trust Educational Scholarships 2012
Employer: Sahu Jain Trust
Level of Study: Graduation, Post Graduation
Brief Scholarship Description: Sahu Jain Trust A philanthropic organisation founded by Smt. Rama Jain & Sahu Shanti Prasad Jain announces the 2012-2013 need-cum-merit based educational scholarships in the following categories:
- Inland Scholarship for pursuing Technical Trade Courses including Computers and infotech, Professional Courses (like Engineering & Medical), Graduation, Post Graduation and other Courses.
- Overseas Loan Schoalrships: (For Higher Studies Abroad). These are strictly for technical subjects to be undertaken by graduates/ post graduates in foreign countries. The loan amount is refundable in interest free soft instalments after completion of studies. Loan amount maximum upto Rs. 1,00,000/- lumpsum per selected student.
Scholarship Website: http://sahujaintrust.timesofindia.com/
5. Scholarship Program: Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan Scholarship
Employer: Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan, Government of India
Level of Study: Graduation, Post Graduation, PhD
Brief Scholarship Description: Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan (Deemed University) set up by the Government of India for propagation and promotion of Sanskrit language invites applications in the prescribed form for award of merit Scholarship to:
- Regular students studying Sanskrit including Pali and Prakrit in any recognized traditional Pathshalas/modern institutions / Secondary / Senior Secondary Schools from 9th to 12th standard.
- Regular students pursuing higher course of studies in Sanskrit in recognized educational Institutions at the levels of Shastri / Graduation / Acharya / Post Graduation / Vidyavaridhi / Ph.D.
Scholarship Website: http://www.sanskrit.nic.in/schrnot11.pdf
6. Scholarship Program: The Ravi Sankaran Fellowship Program for Indian Students, 2012
Employer: Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation
Level of Study: Masters, Internship and Research
Brief Scholarship Description: The Ravi Sankaran Fellowship Program can help. This Program has been set up in memory of the late Dr. Ravi Sankaran who followed up his detailed field studies of wild species with innovative projects to conserve their populations. Fellowship recipients will receive a stipend, travel funds and an amount covering course fees (where relevant). The Small Grants activity usually provides funding up to a maximum of Rs 200,000 per year.
Scholarship Website: http://www.ravisankaran.org/
7. Scholarship Program: POCE/POBE Scholarship Programme at Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research- Bangalore, India
Employer: Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research
Level of Study: Undergraduate
Brief Scholarship Description: These programmes, conducted in summer for 6-8 weeks (~ mid May to July), are aimed at infusing creativity and scientific temper into undergraduates, and involve lectures, laboratory projects and research work. Selected students are expected to work at the Centre for three consecutive summers, and will receive a monthly scholarship of Rs 6000 per month during their period of stay at the Centre. Upon successful completion of the programme, the students will receive a Diploma in Chemistry or Biology from the Centre. Those who complete the POCE/POBE programme with outstanding performance will be eligible for admission to the MSPhD programme in the Centre subject to satisfactory performance in the interview.
Scholarship Website: http://desktop.jncasr.ac.in/uploaded/extn_program/file/poce-%20pobe%20-%202012%20advt.pdf
8. Scholarship Program: Narotam Sekhsaria Scholarship Programme
Employer: Narotam Sekhsaria Foundation
Level of Study: Postgraduate
Brief Scholarship Description: Under its Narotam Sekhsaria Scholarship Programme, the Foundation awards interest free loan scholarships to Indian students with a consistently good academic record. The amount of scholarship, up to a maximum of Rs. Fifteen Lacs, is decided as per the assessment of the Foundation. Scholarships are offered for postgraduate studies at prestigious institutions in India and abroad, in the fields of Pure Sciences, Applied Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities, Law, Architecture and Management.
Scholarship Website: http://www.nsscholarship.net/nsf-scholarship-program.asp
9. Scholarship Program: FedBank Hormis Memorial Foundation Scholarships 2012
Level of Study: Undergraduate, Postgraduate
Brief Scholarship Description: Ten students in each discipline, of which one seat will be kept aside for a physically challenged student (duly evidenced by a certificate issued by a Medical Officer not below the rank of DMO or an approved Medical Officer of the Bank), will be reimbursed 100% of the tuition fees as per the fee structure for seats allotted in the Government quota in Govt., Aided and Self-financing colleges, subject to a maximum of Rs. 75,000/- in a year up to the normal completion of course. If there are no sufficient applicants in the ‘physically challenged’ category, then cases of less than 40% also will be considered. Any disruption on account of any kind of failure will make the student ineligible for scholarships. If applications are not received from eligible candidates under ‘physically challenged’, it will be utilized under general category.
Scholarship Website: http://www.federal-bank.com/General_AboutUs_HormisMemorialScholarships.aspx
10. Scholarship Program: IISER-K Summer Student Research Programme 2012
Level of Study: Research
Brief Scholarship Description: To provide B.Sc., M.Sc., B.S., M.S., B.Tech., and B.E. students of other institutions or universities an opportunity of exposure to a research environment by associating them with one of the research groups of IISER during the summer vacation. The programme will be operative during the summer vacation of the IISER-K from 14th May to 14th July, 2012. Each summer student will be formally associated with a faculty member of the Institute for a duration of 6 – 8 weeks within the above mentioned dates. Accommodation may be provided subject to availability. Access to computational and library facilities will be permitted. However, any misuse of the facilities will result in summary termination of the student from the programme. A certificate will be given at the end of the programme. Students having KVPY/INSPIRE fellowship, and those selected under the Indian Academy of Sciences summer fellowship programme will receive financial support from the respective sponsoring organization. Students selected for the IISER-K summer fellowship programme without such financial support will be given a stipend of Rs. 3000/- per month.
Scholarship Website: http://www.iiserkol.ac.in/~summer.research/
11. Scholarship Program: Scholarship for Higher Education (SHE)
Employer: Department of Science and Technology (DST), under the Ministry of Science and Technology, Govt. of India
Level of Study: Bachelors and Masters
Brief Scholarship Description: Scholarship for Higher Education (SHE) aims at attracting talented youth into undertaking higher education in science intensive programmes, by providing scholarships and mentoring through ‘summer attachment‘ to performing researchers. The scheme offers 10,000 scholarships every year @ Rs 0.80 lakh per year to talented youth in the age group 17-22 years, for undertaking Bachelor and Masters level education in Natural and Basic sciences. The main feature of the scheme is mentorship support being planned for every scholar through INSPIRE scholarship.
Scholarship Website: http://www.inspire-dst.gov.in/SHE.html
12. Scholarship Program: J. N. Tata Endowment Loan Scholarships 2012-13
Employer: Dorabji Tata Trust
Level of Study: Higher Studies, Graduates
Brief Scholarship Description: Applications are invited from Indian nationals for the J. N. Tata Endowment Loan Scholarships for the academic year 2012-2013 for higher studies abroad in all disciplines and subjects. The application fee of Rs.100/- is to be paid in cash or by Money Order or a Demand Draft drawn in favour of “The J. N. Tata Endowment” mentioning the applicant’s full name and address forthe Endowmentto post the form.
Scholarship Website: http://www.dorabjitatatrust.org/about/pdf/Endowment_LoanScholarships_2012-2013.pdf
13. Scholarship Program: OP Jindal Engineering and Management Scholarship
Employer: OP Jindal Group
Level of Study: Postgraduate / Graduate
Brief Scholarship Description: OP Jindal scholarships aims to identify meritorious postgraduate / graduate students who emulate Shri OP Jindal’s vision and values and have the potential to become leaders in entrepreneurial and innovation excellence. Yearly scholarship amount is INR 65,000 for an engineering student.
Scholarship Website: http://www.opjems.com/about-opjems.html#scholarship
14. Scholarship Program: 2012 RBI’s Young Scholars Award Scheme, India
Level of Study: Undergraduate
Brief Scholarship Description: To encourage learning about the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) among the youth of the country, the RBI conducts a major awareness and sensitization exercise on the role of the Reserve Bank and the banking system across the country. This exercise, ‘RBI Young Scholars Award Scheme’ exposes youngsters to an actual banking and financial environment and inculcates a sense of pride in the selected ones of having had the opportunity to associate themselves with a prestigious organisation, the central bank of the country.
Scholarship Website: http://www.rbi.org.in/scripts/scheme12.aspx
India Academic Jobs Search
Don't forget to mention Scholarship-Positions.com when replying to this position.
Browse Academic Jobs in India
Popular Scholarship Tags
Recent Academic Jobs
- Research Associate & SRF Jobs in IIT Kharagpur, Kharagpur, 2013
- JRF Vacancy in IIT Kharagpur, Kharagpur
- DBT JRF Jobs in Microbiology, UDSC, New Delhi
- Research Associate Jobs in University of Delhi, Delhi
- Research Assistant / Research Investigator Jobs in DU, Delhi
- CSIR JRF / SRF / RA Vacancy in University of Delhi, Delhi
- DST Junior Research Fellow cum Data Analyst Jobs in DU, Delhi
- Research Associate & SRF Jobs in Zoology at University of Delhi, Delhi
- Jobs in IIT Kanpur, Kanpur for the post of Senior Project Associate
Recent Career Blogs
- Senior Research Fellowships in Agriculture for Indian Students
- PhD Scholarships for Indian Students
- Research Fellowships in Civil Engineering for Indian Students
- Business & Management Scholarships for Indian Students
- International PhD Scholarships for Indian Students
- DRDO Research Fellowships
- Physics Fellowships for Indian Students
- Chemistry Fellowships for Indian Students
- International Study Abroad Scholarships for Indian Students 2012
- Scholarships for Indian Students in India
Useful LinksSearch in Worldwide Universities
Oxford Laboratory Technology
Search Courses in Indian Universities
IndiaJobs.co.in, India Jobs Employment, Recruitment, Careers, Interview
Scholarships in India
GRE Prep and Free Courses