India Scholarships 2012
Scholarship or a financial grant is offered to thousands of students for the further continuation of his or her education. We here at Academicjobs.in helps you in locating the best scholarship as per your needs. There are number of scholarships available for Indian students in various disciplines. These grants assist you in several level of studies such as Undergraduate, Graduate, Postgraduate, Postdoctoral Fellowship programmes and lots more. Varied institutes and universities are providing excellent scholarships and grants which includes ICMR, FedBank, Dorabji Tata Trust, IISER Kolkata, IIT Delhi, Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research, G.B. Pant University of Agriculture & Technology, etc. Please feel free to explore more and find the useful scholarship.
1. Scholarship Program: 2012-13 ICMR International Fellowships
Level of Study: Fellowship
Brief Scholarship Description: The Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) invites applications from Indian biomedical scientists for the international fellowships for the year 2012-13. Financial support covers US$ 2400 per month, contingency grant of Rs. 15,000/- and return economy class air ticket (excursion airfare) for young scientists. US$160 per day (including US$75 as per diem and rest for accommodation expenses) and return economy class air ticket (excursion airfare) for senior scientists.
Scholarship Website: http://icmr.nic.in/ifc_announce.htm
2. Scholarship Program: Sahu Jain Trust Educational Scholarships 2012
Employer: Sahu Jain Trust
Level of Study: Graduation, Post Graduation
Brief Scholarship Description: Sahu Jain Trust A philanthropic organisation founded by
Smt. Rama Jain & Sahu Shanti Prasad Jain announces the 2012-2013 need-cum-merit based
educational scholarships in the following categories:
- Inland Scholarship for pursuing Technical Trade Courses including Computers and infotech, Professional Courses (like Engineering & Medical), Graduation, Post Graduation and other Courses.
- Overseas Loan Schoalrships : (For Higher Studies Abroad). These are strictly for technical subjects to be undertaken by graduates/ post graduates in foreign countries. The loan amount is refundable in interest free soft instalments after completion of studies. Loan amount maximum upto Rs. 1,00,000/- lumpsum per selected student.
Scholarship Website: http://sahujaintrust.timesofindia.com/
3. Scholarship Program: FedBank Hormis Memorial Foundation Scholarships 2012
Level of Study: Undergraduate, Postgraduate
Brief Scholarship Description: Ten students in each discipline, of which one seat will be kept aside for a physically challenged student (duly evidenced by a certificate issued by a Medical Officer not below the rank of DMO or an approved Medical Officer of the Bank), will be reimbursed 100% of the tuition fees as per the fee structure for seats allotted in the Government quota in Govt., Aided and Self-financing colleges, subject to a maximum of Rs. 75,000/- in a year up to the normal completion of course. If there are no sufficient applicants in the ‘physically challenged’ category, then cases of less than 40% also will be considered. Any disruption on account of any kind of failure will make the student ineligible for scholarships. If applications are not received from eligible candidates under ‘physically challenged’, it will be utilized under general category.
Scholarship Website: http://www.federal-bank.com/General_AboutUs_HormisMemorialScholarships.aspx
4. Scholarship Program: J. N. Tata Endowment Loan Scholarships 2012-13
Employer: Dorabji Tata Trust
Level of Study: Higher Studies, Graduates
Brief Scholarship Description: Applications are invited from Indian nationals for the J. N. Tata Endowment Loan Scholarships for the academic year 2012-2013 for higher studies abroad in all disciplines and subjects. The application fee of Rs.100/- is to be paid in cash or by Money Order or a Demand Draft drawn in favour of “The J. N. Tata Endowment” mentioning the applicant’s full name and address forthe Endowmentto post the form.
Scholarship Website: http://www.dorabjitatatrust.org/about/pdf/Endowment_LoanScholarships_2012-2013.pdf
5. Scholarship Program: 2012 MMST Assistantship for Masters Students
Employer: School of Medical Science and Technology (SMST), Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur
Level of Study: Masters
Brief Scholarship Description: Assistantship of Rs. 15,000/- per month is awarded to all the eligible students of MMST who maintain good academic performance, and render clinical services in B.C. Roy Technology Hospital of the Institute for 6-8 hours per week.
Scholarship Website: http://gate.iitkgp.ac.in/mmst/
6. Scholarship Program: 2012 RBI’s Young Scholars Award Scheme, India
Level of Study: Undergraduate
Brief Scholarship Description: To encourage learning about the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) among the youth of the country, the RBI conducts a major awareness and sensitization exercise on the role of the Reserve Bank and the banking system across the country. This exercise, ‘RBI Young Scholars Award Scheme’ exposes youngsters to an actual banking and financial environment and inculcates a sense of pride in the selected ones of having had the opportunity to associate themselves with a prestigious organisation, the central bank of the country.
Scholarship Website: http://www.rbi.org.in/scripts/scheme12.aspx
7. Scholarship Program: IISER-K Summer Student Research Programme 2012
Level of Study: Research
Brief Scholarship Description: To provide B.Sc., M.Sc., B.S., M.S., B.Tech., and B.E. students of other institutions or universities an opportunity of exposure to a research environment by associating them with one of the research groups of IISER during the summer vacation. The programme will be operative during the summer vacation of the IISER-K from 14th May to 14th July, 2012. Each summer student will be formally associated with a faculty member of the Institute for a duration of 6 – 8 weeks within the above mentioned dates. Accommodation may be provided subject to availability. Access to computational and library facilities will be permitted. However, any misuse of the facilities will result in summary termination of the student from the programme. A certificate will be given at the end of the programme. Students having KVPY/INSPIRE fellowship, and those selected under the Indian Academy of Sciences summer fellowship programme will receive financial support from the respective sponsoring organization. Students selected for the IISER-K summer fellowship programme without such financial support will be given a stipend of Rs. 3000/- per month.
Scholarship Website: http://www.iiserkol.ac.in/~summer.research/
8. Scholarship Program: 2012 Summer Research Fellowships in Engineering at IIT Delhi, India
Employer: IIT Delhi
Level of Study: Research Fellowships
Brief Scholarship Description: IIT Delhi has instituted a prestigious summer research fellowship programme for providing an opportunity to exceptionally good undergraduate students of different engineering institutes in India, other than IIT Delhi (and if possible, abroad) for Top ten of the classes to execute an innovative research and development project under the guidance of an IIT Delhi faculty. The fellow will register at IIT Delhi as a visiting student; she/he will not be required to pay institute registration fees.
Scholarship Website: http://www.iitd.ac.in/research/SRFP-2012.pdf
9. Scholarship Program: POCE/POBE Scholarship Programme at Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research- Bangalore, India
Employer: Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research
Level of Study: Undergraduate
Brief Scholarship Description: These programmes, conducted in summer for 6-8 weeks (~ mid May to July), are aimed at infusing creativity and scientific temper into undergraduates, and involve lectures, laboratory projects and research work. Selected students are expected to work at the Centre for three consecutive summers, and will receive a monthly scholarship of Rs 6000 per month during their period of stay at the Centre. Upon successful completion of the programme, the students will receive a Diploma in Chemistry or Biology from the Centre. Those who complete the POCE/POBE programme with outstanding performance will be eligible for admission to the MSPhD programme in the Centre subject to satisfactory performance in the interview.
Scholarship Website: http://desktop.jncasr.ac.in/uploaded/extn_program/file/poce-%20pobe%20-%202012%20advt.pdf
10. Scholarship Program: 2012 Postdoctoral Fellowship at G.B. Pant University of Agriculture & Technology, India
Employer: G.B. Pant University of Agriculture & Technology
Level of Study: Postdoctoral Fellowship
Brief Scholarship Description: Applications are invited for the award of one Post Doctoral Fellow in the Department of Biological Sciences on consolidated fellowship of Rs. 22,000/- per month under Indo-Swiss Collaboration in Biotechnology “Short- and mid-term effects of bio-fertilizers on wheat yield and quality in different environments”. Applications possessing following qualification should apply on plain paper on the prescribed proforma given as under to Dr. A.K. Sharma, Project Leader, Deptt. Biological Sciences, College of Basic Sciences & Humanities, G.B. Pant University of Agriculture & Technology, Pantnagar.
Scholarship Website: http://www.gbpuat.ac.in/news/18%20Feb%202012%20PDF.pdf
India Academic Jobs Search
Don't forget to mention Scholarship-Positions.com when replying to this position.
Browse Academic Jobs in India
Popular Scholarship Tags
Recent Academic Jobs
- Vacancy in IIT Kharagpur, Kharagpur for the post of Job Assistant
- Junior / Senior Research Associate Jobs in IIT Kharagpur, Kharagpur
- Jobs in University of Delhi, Delhi for the post of Senior Information Executives
- JRF & Technical Assistant Jobs in JNU, New Delhi
- DBT Project Scientist Vacancy in IIT Kanpur, Kanpur
- Jobs for the post of Project Scientist in IIT Kanpur, Kanpur
- Project Associate Jobs in IIT Kanpur, Kanpur
- Vacancies in IIT Kharagpur, Kharagpur for the post of Technician
- JRF Vacancy in IIT Kharagpur, Kharagpur
Recent Career Blogs
- Senior Research Fellowships in Agriculture for Indian Students
- PhD Scholarships for Indian Students
- Research Fellowships in Civil Engineering for Indian Students
- Business & Management Scholarships for Indian Students
- International PhD Scholarships for Indian Students
- DRDO Research Fellowships
- Physics Fellowships for Indian Students
- Chemistry Fellowships for Indian Students
- International Study Abroad Scholarships for Indian Students 2012
- Scholarships for Indian Students in India
Useful LinksSearch in Worldwide Universities
Oxford Laboratory Technology
Search Courses in Indian Universities
IndiaJobs.co.in, India Jobs Employment, Recruitment, Careers, Interview
Scholarships in India
GRE Prep and Free Courses