A Field Which Will Always Keep You Young! – Event Management
A Field Which Will Always Keep You Young! – Event Management
Everything has taken shape of event nowadays!!! At the same time, People are becoming busy in earning their bread and butter that they have money to spend but don’t have enough creativity or time to satisfy their desire to host the best possible event. So it gives huge scope for Event Management of Social gatherings.
Event management is all about organizing an event with an aim for the targeted audience. Career in this field does not require specific degree course, though it provides complete independence and flexibility to reveal once creative skills. But it is not as simples as it seems to be. It includes visualizing concepts, planning, budgeting, organizing and proper execution of event. And this could be done through proper monitoring of every small or big occurrence of the event.
Courses in Event Management
In early 90’s, no one had even thought of initiating it as a promising career. . However, University is not bar to establish yourself in this industry but having a Degree or diploma will definitely give you an edge in the competition in this sunrise industry .Some of the courses areDiploma in Event Management (DME), Post Graduate Diploma in Event Management (PGDEM), Diploma in Public Relation and Corporate Communication, post-Graduate Diploma in Advertising, Media and Event..etc.
These courses help in embracing your organizing skills with their profession touch. Graduates and under-graduates from any discipline can go for these courses. Further some Institutes like National Institute of Event Management etc are also running part –time course. Some Institute pursuing these courses are National Academy of Event Management and Development, Ahmadabad, National Institute of Event Management, Jaipur, Amity Institute of Event Management, Event Management Development Institute, Indian Institute of Event Management, EMDI Institute of Media and Communication
Scope for Event Management
Corporate/ Organizations want to focus on their core area of strength/ expertise instead of diverting their attention for organizing the event, as it will need lot of vendor’s involvement, negotiations, planning and execution. It gives scope for Event Management for Corporate (Annual Day/Employee engagement events/Project win parties etc./New Product launch).
Recruitments itself has taken shape of big events nowadays where in each Recruitment drive 1000s of applicants are reaching. And most of the time Company’s give these assignments outside. For professional Event Management companies there is huge scope of Award Ceremonies/ Various TV Shows Competitions rounds in different cities.
Different events do attract the customers to Malls /Multiplexes or Road shows for different product/ services awareness. NGOs and Rotary Club/Lions Club etc also keep on organizing various events for fund raising for social cause, where they need help of professional groups. Religious Functions are no more only a normal activity for worship/devotion. Last but not least…Political Parties…No matter what fees you charge, but give them unique idea. You will earn enough for 5 years ))
Apart from these…There are various role for which one can opt for. Now million dollar question: What can I do in this field? Answer is not simple and will depend a lot on your actual skills and inclination, instead of simply jumping into it because of huge and visible scope… However depending on your skills, you can be
- Entrepreneur and run a full fledged Event Management Company. OR join as an
- Artist – Depending on your skill/art – Singer/Dancer/Anchor/Choreographer
- Coordinator(over all co-ordination with various artists and client)
- Public relation officer(Handling Media / Key People or Visitors)
- Representative (Marketing / getting new assignments).
- Accounts Manager/Executive(No need to explain…J )
- Vendor Coordinator(Huge number of vendors are involved in each event)
- Legal advisor(Many shows would have legal formalities to be completed)
- Designer(Printed Material/Web site/Posters/Flex)
- Technical Expert(Sound/Projectors/other technical set up to project the product in different way)
- Decorator (Stage and complete surroundings.)
- Research and creativity( Analyze the current events and add /creativity to this)
The above list is a very small list of possible roles and I must say, these are key roles…however you can always find something relevant to you in this field. Now again, you might ask…why Event Management, I can become so & so in any field…
Well, in Event Management you will always remain among the creative people, artists and will always talk about fun. You will never become part of monotonous activity.. Money is not a constraint for deserving candidate in this field…
So if you don’t want to get old…join Event Management field
Pls. don’t forget to invite me in your events, when you become top class Event Manager some day !!!
Devendra Sharda is a Renowned Counselor, Public Speaker and Trainer. He has graduated from VRCE(now VNIT),Nagpur and has got rich experience of 16 Years in multiple industries in different positions in India and Abroad. Conducted more than 200 Workshops and seminars in different parts of India on different topics related to Confidence Development, Positive thinking, Interview skills, Career Planning
India Academic Jobs Search
Don't forget to mention Scholarship-Positions.com when replying to this position.
Browse Academic Jobs in India
Popular Scholarship Tags
Recent Academic Jobs
- Vacancy in IIT Kharagpur, Kharagpur for the post of Job Assistant
- Junior / Senior Research Associate Jobs in IIT Kharagpur, Kharagpur
- Jobs in University of Delhi, Delhi for the post of Senior Information Executives
- JRF & Technical Assistant Jobs in JNU, New Delhi
- DBT Project Scientist Vacancy in IIT Kanpur, Kanpur
- Jobs for the post of Project Scientist in IIT Kanpur, Kanpur
- Project Associate Jobs in IIT Kanpur, Kanpur
- Vacancies in IIT Kharagpur, Kharagpur for the post of Technician
- JRF Vacancy in IIT Kharagpur, Kharagpur
Recent Career Blogs
- Senior Research Fellowships in Agriculture for Indian Students
- PhD Scholarships for Indian Students
- Research Fellowships in Civil Engineering for Indian Students
- Business & Management Scholarships for Indian Students
- International PhD Scholarships for Indian Students
- DRDO Research Fellowships
- Physics Fellowships for Indian Students
- Chemistry Fellowships for Indian Students
- International Study Abroad Scholarships for Indian Students 2012
- Scholarships for Indian Students in India
Useful LinksSearch in Worldwide Universities
Oxford Laboratory Technology
Search Courses in Indian Universities
IndiaJobs.co.in, India Jobs Employment, Recruitment, Careers, Interview
Scholarships in India
GRE Prep and Free Courses